Please enter your email and zip code below to sign up!
provide a safe environment where people can learn about God and His creation, develop healthy relationships, gain new skills, and have fun!
Located in the beautiful lush woods of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The camp is 9 miles north of Santa Cruz, off Highway 17. Founded in 1946, Camp Redwood Glen shares in the long history of Salvation Army camping, providing a safe environment for campers to escape from everyday activity to have fun, learn new skills, and deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
In order to support our summer ministry, we operate as a conference center from August-May. We welcome guests to come enjoy warm hospitality, delicious food, clean accommodations and beautiful, natural surroundings. Our property is a place of retreat, rich heritage, and God's rest. Additionally, our staff can accommodate your variable group needs for food, lodging, and programming.
Each group who attends as a guest joins the great cloud of witnesses who make it possible to send youth in need to summer camp!
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. To promote awareness of God and His love, and through the love of Jesus Christ, encourage spiritual growth and demonstrate an understanding of basic human values.
2. To give children, youth, and adults an educational, fun-filled, healthy, inspirational, and safe experience in the outdoors.
3. To help develop an understanding, appreciation, and sense of stewardship for the outdoors, for the natural environment, and for all living creatures.
4. To help individuals grow in understanding themselves and each other, and especially for children to experience relationships with staff as caring adults and to offer an opportunity for people of different cultures to develop compassion and love for each other.
5. To facilitate creative self-expression through physical activity, play, song, thought, work, worship, and the development of new skills.
6. To allow each person to participate in planning programs and in establishing limits and responsibility for the safety and welfare of all.
7. To assist in developing an appreciation of the wonder and joy of the miracles of everyday living.